|The Official website of Dover Athletic Football Club | Team Guide - Information about Godalming Town
Telephone Number: 01483 417520
Official Website: www.godalmingtownfc.co.uk
The current club has its origins as Goldalming United FC, formed in 1950 by ex-pupils of Godalming Grammar School.
Between 1950-71 the club played at the Recreation Ground. However, In 1970 Surrey Senior League side Farncombe collapsed, leaving their ground in Meadrow vacant. Godalming took over the debts and tenancy, changing their name to Godalming & Farncombe FC, and the ground to Weycourt in the process.
During the 2005 close season, the club changed its name for a fifth time, albeit back to one of its previous incarnations, that of Goldalming Town.
In 2006 Godalming Town were accepted by the Isthmian league officials, and had another turnstile donated, this time from Southend. Also, a new sheltered stand was built.
In 2006 Godalming Town were accepted into the Ryman Division One South.